Monday, December 30, 2013

Ginger Mango Detox Smoothie

Confession time... I don't like fruit very much. I'll reluctantly eat a banana or apple when I feel like I should be healthy but it would not be my preferred choice. Luckily I love veggies, so hopefully I'm covered. This year I am hoping to get some more fruit into my diet and smoothies are a great way to do that!

After all the indulgence of the holidays I thought a nice detox smoothie would be a good way to start the morning. I'm also dying of the flu and ginger is a great bug fighter, so it seemed to make sense. I doubled the ginger in the original recipe.

I was pleasantly surprised with this smoothie, it's zingy and delicious and not too fruity at all. Definitely a great start to the morning!



Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 4-5 slices frozen mango
  • 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and grated
  • 2 oz orange juice
  • 2 oz water
  • 5-6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender and drink! <3

Adapted from here.

Now I'm going to sip my smoothie and sit down with my 2014 Create an Amazing Year workbook and get a start on 2014! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm exactly the same with fruit and veg. It's not that I dislike the taste of fruit, it's just that it always seems too much like hard work, and it's cold, and it doesn't go nicely with a cup of tea...

    ReplyDelete

Wen's Chow Mein - Slimified!

So my cousin married the most amazing woman, Wen. She has become a good friend and a couple of years ago they came down to visit so she co...