Friday, August 13, 2010

Guilt-free Chocolate Cupcakes

Somewhere someone decided to make cakes with diet coke and I laughed.  I prefer my cakes baked from scratch with the finest butter and vanilla, but alas Weight Watchers does not like butter... not in the way I like butter!

I had read about Diet Coke cake for some time and indeed my own best friend is a die-hard convert, but I've long resisted the temptation.  That is until I had a major chocolate craving today.  I hauled my ass to the grocery store and got a 2L and a cake mix and whipped up some cupcakes.  Himself was an even bigger skeptic, but declared them delicious and not in need of icing.  High praise from someone who likes to laugh at all diet-y food.  The kids of course devoured them and at a mere two points each, I can have one without feeling at all guilty.  This is not so much a recipe as it is a guide, but I cannot recommend this enough!  We have some birthdays coming up, so I will be experimenting with low-fat icing in the meantime, but at least I know that I have a delicious standby for the cake part!

Diet Coke Cake

  • 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 10 fl. ox Diet Coke
Mix the coke and cake mix until thoroughly combined.  Bake according to package directions (will depend on whether you make cupcakes, layers or sheet cake.

WW Points: 2 per cupcake (makes 20) or 40 per recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wen's Chow Mein - Slimified!

So my cousin married the most amazing woman, Wen. She has become a good friend and a couple of years ago they came down to visit so she co...