Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creamy Mushroom Omelet


I keep seeing recipes in the weight watchers materials for creamy mushrooms on toast.  I generally don't like to eat carbs in the morning as I feel I get hungry again quickly, whereas if I eat a protein packed breakfast I am well-satisfied for several hours.  The creamy mushrooms looked lovely so I looked for a way to make them into an omelet.  I've always been a fan of boursin in omelets, so decided to go with a lighter, but still tasty alternative.

Philadelphia light cheese is fairly decent.  the extra-light is god-awful powdery stuff and not worth it in my humble opinion, but the light is tasty enough.  I used the fine herbs and garlic variety in the omelet, which with the fresh herbs in the eggs tasted just like real boursin.  This was a delciously indulgent breakfast that came in at 3.5 points.


Creamy Mushroom Herb Omelet
(serves 1)


1 egg + 1 egg white, beaten
1/2 package mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 tbsp mixed fresh herbs
2 tbsp chicken stock
60g Philadelphia Light Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
salt and pepper
Chives, to garnish

Pre-heat oven grill.

Beat eggs with salt, pepper and herbs.

Saute mushrooms in a non-stick pan with chicken stock until they are beginning to brown and stock has evaporated.

Add egg mixture and reduce heat to low.  Cook until egg is set on bottom and pop under the grill until the egg is set on the top.  Dot with cream cheese and pop back under the grill until it begins to melt.

Fold onto a plate, garnish with chives and enjoy!

WW Points: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wen's Chow Mein - Slimified!

So my cousin married the most amazing woman, Wen. She has become a good friend and a couple of years ago they came down to visit so she co...